Bronze . 1/8”-3” npt
Steam . 5-150 OR 10-200psi
Teflon leak proof seats
NEMA 1 Standard
All voltages available
- Steam, Hot Air & Hot Fluid Valves
- Standard NEMA 1 Coil Enclosure
- -2 indicates NEMA 4 Water Tight, NEMA 5 Dust Tight, & NEMA 7 Explosion Proof Coil Enclosure for Hazardous Locations: Class I Group D; Class II Groups E, F & G
- Normally Open (Energize to Close)
- Internal Piston–Pilot Operated
- Full Ported
- Bronze Body
- Teflon® Leakproof seat provides Positive Shutoff
- Pipe Sizes Available: 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”, 1¼”, 1½”, 2”, 2 1/2″, 3″ NPT
- Media: STEAM, Hot Water, Hot Air
- Pressure Range: 5 – 150 OR 10-200psi, Minimum pressure drop of 5 OR 10 psi (ΔP) required for proper operation. For optimal valve operation, specify your actual pressure range.
Select the Maximum Pressure Rating closest to but not exceeding the actual pressure under which the valve will operate (Example: offered ranges are 5-50 psi or 5-125 psi. Your steam application has a Maximum Pressure of 75 psi > pick the 5-125 psi rated valve).
For more details Consult our Valve Specialists @ 800.634.6853
- Insulation: Class H
- Rated Fluid Temperature Range: –40°F to +450°F
- Voltages Available (Please Specify):
- Coil Specifications:
- NEMA Type 1 Standard Coil Enclosure – Continuous Duty Polyester, Thermoset Epoxy Molded with 18” Leads and ½” Conduit Connector
- NEMA 4,5,7 Coil Enclosure – Continuous Duty Polyester, Thermoset Epoxy Molded with 18” Leads and ½” Conduit Connector
- GLOBE BODIES are Sand Cast Bronze. Max Rated Pressure: WSP 200 psi – WOG 400 psi.
- BONNET ASSEMBLIES are 304 Stainless Steel (SS) Tubes with Brass Tube Plugs Silver–soldered to a Brass or Bronze Bonnet. BONNET O–RING is Viton®.
- PISTON ASSEMBLIES are Brass or Bronze with Brass SEAT SCREWS and a Teflon® Insert. 316SS EXPANDER RINGS are behind Glass & Moly–Filled Teflon® PISTON RINGS plus a Teflon® SEAT DISC and a Brass or Bronze GUIDE NUT.
- PILOT VALVE ASSEMBLY has a 430SS ARMATURE with a 303SS PILOT POINT and 316SS PINS. PISTON SPRING is 302SS.
MOUNTING & SERVICE
- Installation: Valves must be mounted in horizontal pipe with coil vertical, upright and on top. A 40–mesh inline strainer is recommended ahead of the valve. Valve will not open on a Closed System (equalizes pressure across the valve).
- Maintenance: As with any piece of equipment, reasonable inspection and maintenance of components should be periodically performed. Frequently check operation, cleanliness and internal wear. Any questions, consult factory.
NOTE: Gould Solenoid Valves are designed for Industrial–Commercial applications. Residential/Consumer applications will void the warranty. Questions ~ Call our Experts.