- 316 Stainless Steel General Purpose Valves
- Normally Open (Energize to Close)
- NEMA 1 Coil Enclosure Standard
- -2 indicates NEMA 4 Water tight, NEMA 5 Dust tight, & NEMA 7 Explosionproof Coil Enclosure for Hazardous Locations: Class I Group D; Class II Groups E, F & G
- Investment Cast (CF8M) Body
- Full Ported
- Internal Piston-Pilot Operated
- Teflon® Leakproof seat for Positive Shutoff
- Pipe Sizes Available: 1/8” ,1/4” ,3/8” ,1/2” ,3/4” ,1” ,1¼” ,1½” ,2” NPT (Specify)
- Hot Air
- Hot Water & Liquids
- Pressure Range: 5-150 psi
- For optimal valve operation, specify your actual pressure range. A minimum pressure drop of 5 psi (ΔP) is needed for proper operation.
Select the Maximum Pressure Rating closest to but not exceeding the actual pressure
under which the valve will operate (Example: offered ranges are 5-150 psi or 10-300 psi.
Your water application has a Maximum Pressure of 120 psi > pick the 5-150 psi rated valve).
Normally Open valves require inlet pressure to initially open and stay open.
For more details Consult our Valve Specialists @ 800.634.6853
- Voltages Available:
- 12 ,24 ,120 ,240 ,480 VAC 50-60Hz 26 Watts Max
- 6 ,12 ,24 ,48 ,115 ,230 VDC 24 Watts Max
- Coil Specifications:
- NEMA 1 Type Coil Enclosure – Continuous Duty Polyester, Thermoset Epoxy Molded with 18″ leads and 1/2″ Conduit Connector. Insulation: Class H Rated Fluid Temperature Range: -40° to + 450°
- NEMA Type 7 Explosionproof Coil Enclosure – Continuous Duty Polyester, Thermoset Epoxy Molded with 18” Leads and ½” Conduit Connector Insulation: Class H ,Rated Fluid Temperature Range: -40° F to +450°
- GLOBE BODIES are Investment Cast (CF8M). rated: WSP 200 psi – WOG 1000 psi. UNION BONNET (1/8”-1” NPT), BOLT-DOWN BONNET (1¼” – 2” NPT)
- BONNET ASSEMBLIES are 316 Stainless Steel (SS) Tubes with 316SS Tube Plugs welded to a 316SS (â…›”–1”NPT) or CF8M (1¼”-2”NPT) Bonnet Base. BONNET ‘O’-Ring SEAL is Teflon® (as required).
- PISTON ASSEMBLY is 316SS with a 316SS Teflon® Leakproof SEAT SCREW and a 316SS EXPANDER RING behind a Glass & Moly-Filled Teflon® PISTON RING plus a Teflon® SEAT DISC and 316SS (â…›”–¾”NPT) or CF8M (1”-2”NPT) GUIDE NUT.
- PISTON SPRING is 316SS.
- Normally Open PILOT VALVE ASSEMBLY is 316SS JACKET welded over a Carbon Steel CORE. A 316SS LIFT SPRING holds the PILOT VALVE ASSEMBLY open.
MOUNTING & SERVICE
- Installation: Valves must be mounted in horizontal pipe with coil vertical, upright and on top. A 40–mesh inline strainer is recommended ahead of the valve.
- Maintenance: As with any piece of equipment, reasonable inspection and maintenance of components should be periodically performed. Frequently check operation, cleanliness and internal wear. Any questions, consult factory.
NOTE: Gould Solenoid Valves are designed for Industrial–Commercial applications. Residential/Consumer applications will void the warranty. Questions ~ Call our Experts.